· “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world” – Harriet Tubman
· “Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color” unknown
· “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.” -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
· “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying.” Michael Jordan basketball player
· “Racism is not an excuse to not do the best you can” Arthur Ashe
· “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces I would still plant my apple tree.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
· “Racism is a man’s gravest threat to man- the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.” Abraham Joshua Heschel
· “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” Michael Jordan Basketball player
· “Freedom is never given, it is won.” A. Philip Randolph
· “You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it’s right.” – Rosa Parks
· “The African race is a rubber ball. The harder you dash it to the ground, the high it will rise.” African Proverb
· “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion; The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” -Wilma Rudolph Athlete
· “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do keep moving forward.”-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
· “You’re either part of the solution or part of the problem.” -(Leroy) Eldridge Cleaver
· “The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself -The invisible, inevitable, battles inside all of us-that’s where it’s at.” – Jesse Owens Athlete
· “No race can prosper till it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.” – Booker T. Washington
· “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.”Rosa Parks
· “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” – Dr. Mae Jemison – First African-American female Astronaut
· “I feel that the most important requirement in success is learning to over come failure. You must learn to tolerate it, but never accept it.” – Reggie Jackson
· “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
· “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
· “Have a vision. Be demanding.”- Colin Powell First African-American appointment Secretary of State
· “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.”- Langston Hughes
· “You have seen how a man was made a slave; you shall see how a slave was made a man.” – Frederick Douglas
· “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” Booker T. Washington
· “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
· “Free at last, Free at last, thank god almighty we are free at last.”Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.